If you have either forgotten your password, or are not sure what it is, the best thing to do is to reset your password. By using the password retrieval system, the server resets your password and sends it to you via email.
You can retrieve both your username and your password using this form.
If after resetting your password, you continue to have problems, please have a look at the following possible issues. We have found that the main two issues are the “copy and paste” or the “caps-lock” items, so we suggest you start there.
The following are in no particular order:
- If you registered or logged in using Facebook, then you can only use facebook to login. Your username/password will not work as your account is connected to Facebbok. More info on that here.
- If you are not sure of your exact username and password, the system can reset your password here:
http://www.rctrader.com/index.php?a=18. This will also provide your username.
- If you are not recieveing the password reset email, please whitelist the rctrader.com domain with your email service provider. More on that here: https://www.rctrader.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=4&id=30&artlang=en
- If you use an browser Auto-enter mechanism (e.g. 'autofill' in chrome) or a password manager (e.g.lastpass), the system may be overridding your new information with your old login information. Make sure this is either updated for www.rctrader.com or disable it until you have tested your new password. Browser Password management examples are available for Chrome & IE.
- Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.
- If you are copying and pasting your username and password, please make sure you do not include any spaces before or after the password. Copying extra characters WILL fail the login. One way of checking is counting how many characters are in the password and what has been entered.
- If you type your username and password, make sure that you type it in EXACTLY as it was set by you, OR, as it was supllied when it was reset by the system.
- Check that you do not have "CAPS LOCK" switched on. All usernames and passwords are Case Sensitive.
- Clear your browser cache for RC Trader. The cookies and/or temporary data already stored on your computer may be causing the problem. Delete them, then test for your problem (see your browser help for how to delete a site’s history). If you continue to experience problems after resetting your password, please try clearing your cache: wikihow - Clear Your Browser Cache
- Security application may be blocking cookies. Some Internet security and privacy applications have features that block cookies. Check the documentation that came with your software or visit the software provider's support site, to see if your application includes a cookie control feature and how you can change those settings.
- If you are on a work/corporate network, they may be block some access to certain sites. You will need to check with your IT department to see if that is the case.
- if you have requested a new password more than once, make sure that you are using only the most recent password supplied. Only the most recent password will work and all previous passwords will not work.
- If you continue to try the wrong password on the system more than a few times, the system will eventually block your IP address. Make sure you have all your details correct before entering your information.
Finally if that does not help, please contact us and we will see what we can do to help.